Friday, June 15, 2007

Some situation you really don't wanna have when you are tired

HAH! This is really some situation I experience most from started till now the current days of my army life. Don't really it affect much to most people but to me, being a light sleeper, affect me much. Well here is some situation:

1. Irritating insects (especially MOSQUITOES!)

Thanks to them I got endless nights of sleep. They can even creep up into your blanket and bite you and you feeling itchy all over. Once I have to cover up myself fully to prevent them from biting me. (Hey my blood ain't that nice! I eat vegetables!). Other insects like moths and beetles often fly into our bulk but they are mostly harmless except they fly around you....

2. Singing bunk mates with audio speakers
The last thing you wanna hear is the silent song of the night especially when you finish a tiring day of parade marching. These people will just keep you awake thanks to their loud and unbearable tone and voice. Its not a bad thing, since I myself is also a bad singer but this is not a right time, especially night when you wanna head in to bed. One time I cant sleep thanks to them, so I killed off time by messaging, waiting for them to end their concert.

3. A very WARM condition
This situation is unbearable unless you are cold-blooded. The whole bunk will feel extremely warm and humid. Mostly these affect the lower levels of the bunks in the building as wind breeze cannot blow pass through. I didn't have any of these problems during my BMT days as my bunk is on the third then shift to fourth level when I pass out the course. Since I now been move to another building but on a second floor, I started to feel humid even after a shower. Cant sleep well due to burning sensation and heat rashes which i some times mistook for mosquito bites.

4. Bright lights
This situation is mostly when you are asleep and somebody, and I mean someone, just have to switch the lights on...and worse of all the lights facing you. Since the light is hard wired, so it light up together at either side of the room. Mostly later book in personal just have to switch it on and unpacked their stuff or just other who wanna sleep late. Good thing I don't get this often. =)

5. Aching Joints
Ahhh~ This only to applies to people like me, having aches everywhere. I got this most of my time due to either after a run or a parade. My knees are the ones they are mostly giving my sleeping problems. They just ache during the early hours of the morning and just when i was about every to head back to rest my alarm rang, after an hour or so. I really need to see a treatment and looking forward for the ortho appointment.

6. Nightmares and Dreamless sleeps
Don't know if this is common but I know my nightmares sometimes do. I mostly get dreamless sleeps and woke up every 2 hours after or so. Darn it....

7. Sudden Standby

Rarely happen to me but it did sometimes. But this is mostly comes when a sticky situation happens or urgent thing came up, like a roll call. Still orders are orders so you just have to do what it says anyways.

8. Clocks that rang at the wrong TIME!!
Err..sometimes could be handphones but clocks yea. Mine does =P LOL!

Well these are at least some of what i experience before and I just hope they it doesn't affect my friends who are already or going in to their army life. Gd Luck Dudes! BWAAHAHA!

No comments: