Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Full dress rehearsal for SAF day

Today seem to me like the most scariest parade I ever experience. My god.... at least the day turn out quite fine. =)

Well the same things like I always say in ever rehearsal post: wakie wakie, draw arms, breakfast and leave campus on time. Right...here goes.

Like most SAF parades, gotta admit whether I like it or not, is just long and tiring. (who won't for someone who have to stand under the blazing sun for 1 hour 45 minutes or more....) Didn't seem anyone was motivated to go on this parade, in fact I rather go for NDP, and for every parade there is always the warm-up exercise. Everyone was sloppy, even me cause of the so call "first day of the week" I guess but later as day progress our arm drills just work out fine. SO- the schedule for today is real tiring. why?

WARM-UP
FULL RUN REHEARSAL AT 10AM
LUNCH
FULL DRESS FULL RUN REHEARSAL FOR WET WEATHER X2 (one for filming)
DINNER
FINAL FULL RUN IN FULL DRESS

So I guess this is one part of a scary day so we just start of at the full run at 10am. This full run is scary why I say is that is because today has the highest number of casualties. I hear from my friend who was watching from the back said that more than 10+, another I overheard from another contingent is 20+. O.o" Today's morning is really blazing, and I would say even the fittest might suffer from the heat. I got difficulty breathing as I was standing and dizzy spells come to me soon after that. The sound....yea...I hear is the sound of people falling, falling down on the parade square. One by one, the sound of the flags and rifles hitting the floor, I even heard bayonets hit and the medics like every minute running. The parade ISM cut the sequence of the prize presentation, as more casualties fall, he even cut off the trouping of colours. I guess it should be the reason. So the full run didn't turn out to be the whole sequence at all. phew...

Lunch Break! then the Full dress run in our No.1 ceremonial uniform for the wet weather. Did twice, one for the run and one for the filming. In the air condition hall, who wont feel sleepy...especially they talk you listen. Well we pull that one off so left the last final rehearsal.

Dinner, I and a friend came down to bring up the packed food, bottled water and muffins. My second trip to bring up the dinner end up an injury. I drop the snack carton and landed on my hand. Didn't have a second thought what was going to happen and I just pull my hand off the heavy box without knowing the rough pebble floor. I got many cuts on my finger joints and one of it is severe. (I CAN SEE MY OWN FLESH!.. erm hem..why am I so happy bout it...) One of them saw my hand and ask what happen so i just say I did something reckless. Went down to then toilet and wash the wound thoroughly with soap and running water. My finger continuous bleeding seem to catch some attention as I walk by. LOL, so i just plastered it. (ooo..bloody hand =D)

The Last run for the day and also the vetting for the parade. We give our best shot. Took regular deep breaths at the parade. (yea... deep breaths of mosquito insecticide, could be reason why I feel so sick now....) by the time the whole run ends, its already nightfall. Reach back camp, packed up for tomorrow harbour prac at Tuas at 8am (zzzzzz....so farrrr~~~) and head home to rest.

No comments: