Saturday, July 7, 2007

SAF DAY

FINALLY OUR SHOW! YES! OUR WEEKEND IS BURNED CAUSE OF THIS! YEA SO THIS HAVE BETTER BE A SHOW I MUST DO WELL IN! BRACE YOURSELVES! BRACE BRACE BBRRAACCEE~~~~!!!!!!

Ok the start of the day was early. We got our stuff and ready to go. I make sure myself is awake while on the bus but i cant help it but to sleep cause too comfortable.... ahhh~

The first thing I do when I board off the bus is to get a can of Red Bull and then sit in the holding area reading my friend's book. Our final briefing and we are told to do our best cause the president is coming and our discipline have to be at top standard and maintained. Keeping myself awake is a very easy cause the weather is hot on that day, even with the clouds covering the sky and my secret item to keep me going, MY HOLY SKETCHBOOK AND MY CASE OF STATIONERY. Yup the best thing for me to pass time real quickly is DRAWING! My favourite hobby =) (I know till now been saying posting my work but I till didn't LOL).

We also received a token of appreciation from the SAF Day, an encased NS 40 gold coin. Though its only for the spectators and the guests who are viewing the parade but they specially make extra for us cause we participated in the parade and for all the training we been through. This how the coin look like:

front or back

back or front (how would I know which is head or tails..they just put it in a small box) OMG THE PLANE IS GONE!!!


Nice eh? Sorry bout the blurred images (my camera ran out of batteries so yea have to take it quickly and I think my settings are wrong). A memento for all the hard work we been through, they give this coin out to us after our first short sequence run and while we having our break.

The weather was fine, I love early evenings they have a nice cool blue scenery makes you feel relaxed. I took the whole of rest time rather than sleeping but drawing, to keep myself fully awake for the REAL thing. We change out our army no.4 to our ceremonial no.1 and of course I did rather change later cause our navy uniform is all white....

We have a full check on our uniforms, those who have been check will be check again if they have gone to the toilet. Told to remove all sharp, metal or any items like handphones and keys in our pockets, (our bayonet is sharp, do we have to remove it? its kinda heavy too. LOL XD) just a thought. So after all this we are prepare to move to the parade square and wait. Took our last photo shoot in our uniform as a remembrance ( Hope to get it soon...) and we wait for the command to march in. =D

Soon the whole thing started and all was not in vain cause of all the hard work we put in it. It ran really smoothly and our endurance for standing have already toughen us up, so this parade no one will fall. NEVER FALL!! My first time seeing the president up real close too. XD After all the prize giving and speeches, we gave the show one last splendid march off and off we go, heading back to the holding area and ready for home =)

This SAF day was a memorial event and will be etched in my NS life memories. It an achievement and another story in my life that I will cherish.

No comments: