Sunday, July 15, 2007

5th and 6th NDP Rehearsal

Same thing mostly but now after the SAF day there is 2 rehearsals in a week. I just want to get post out. Things are just getting out of hand... I need a break...

The whole day was same on the Wednesday training but short. Cause there is no marching contingent so the training is only solely on foot drills and firing procedures. But the Saturday is a bit different and now all the Saturday's rehearsals are all full dress...

The whole day on Saturday was bit sianz (who won't? Who don't want home? a block leave for rest after a course exam?) Well at least ever since I join the GOH I never regret being in it and I endure all the way till this day for the NDP and I am not going to stop now. Even may my bones injured or a spine problem, so be it, I am still going to march and its the only thing in MY WHOLE OF GOD DAMN NAVY LIFE which I appreciated most and something which I want to do. Something at LEAST to have a good memory in my military life.

We have pizza for lunch today! Cool but small portion, only one big slice and 3 chicken wings and a garlic bread cube LOL kinda cute though the way they pack. I met up with Lionel and to my surprised I thought I heard Amanda's voice. Thought I was hearing things but when I hear "up" and yea they were there. Amanda, Chong, Lionel and even Joy! yup she is till the same. After the sheathing of colours then they all came up and find me. Haha took a few pictures with them and I tell them I can't stay and talk to civilians in this uniform.

Some Pictures she send over:
The photo is the other way round lol

Joy, Me, Amanda (I look sad, I know I cant smile)
Lionel presenting me lol

There is more but I got no spend to edit so I just put the best here. (lots are blur due to motion). Wanted to meet them out later but it seem to be too late, we are hold up due to some problem at hand. Back to camp my mind was blank, too tired to think and I forgot to sign which makes it a bad thing to ruin my day.

By the time I finish its already so late so I call and told them I am going back. Call a cab and the next thing I know my day actually wasn't that bad after all. The driver was a friendly Malay, he talks bout what I been doing and why so late, he even offer me to take an extra mile to drive me home but I say there no need to as I need to get take aways for my dinner. He related he past life in the NS serving as a police.

We chatted along the way bout the rehearsals for ndp and marching. He was once in it too. At first I thought he live nearby my area (cause its already so late and mostly taxi drivers make their last drop off near their home), but to my surprised he lived at Yishun and he just so happen to pick my call cause he drop off a passenger at the ferry terminal and he attend and help his relative by driving him all the way to the east area for his event. If everyone in the world is this nice and helpful, It will be real wonderfully peaceful and a great place to live in.

Sadly its not...even for those who tried so hard and yet they are not even recognised and yet treated badly. Guess this is what they say first appearance counts. Blah- I don't think so...

I had enough for the day and I find that is all great after all. Now for my sleep.

No comments: